|
KL Grad Trip
Monday, March 18, 2013
3年的时光 一转眼就过去了。 这段日子 要说长不长,说短也不短。 有的时候很多话说,有的时候却一起安静地做着。 相处下来得3年,有很多很多的回忆。。。 虽然这是人身其中的一段结尾, 但却是一辈子友谊的开始。 And all these years I'm ever so thankful for having this friend around with me throughout the years of my poly education. In the many years to come in the future, may our friendship become stronger. Finally I'm getting some time to post this longgggggggggg update on my KL trip last last weekend. Bought the travel deal on groupon to neighbour country Malaysia for a short getaway while celebrating the end of our poly milestone. Having been through thick and thins together these past 3 years have made me cherished this good friend of mine more. Even till the last sem of school when we're in different classes we're still encouraging one another and being there for each other as a listening ear. So we booked a trip with WTS for this 3D2N grad trip with accommodation and transportation. Rest of the itinerary was planned according to what we've researched. The trip turned out to be a so-so only cos there wasn't really much shopping to be done in Malaysia. Only thing I enjoyed most were the cheap food and good hotel we had! Us getting all ready to set off!  Frankly speaking coach ride is not my top-of-the-list transport mode. Simply because I have difficulties sleeping on coaches throughout the long hours on the coach. Mabel had no difficulties though, sleeping her way in and out of Malaysia. Luckily the ride was only about 4-5 hours so wasn't too bad than the other time I went genting.  See what I meant about having difficulties falling asleep on coaches???  Was already about 2 plus in the noon by the time we reached KL. Our hotel was furama and I totally liked the hotel. Ok no wifi facilities I admit that's the downside. But that aside the furnishing and comfort level wasn't too bad since it was a fairly new hotel. Plus at least they had lan-access internet in the rooms so it wasn’t too bad after all. Location was also quite accessible being a 5-minutes walk to monorail stations and berjaya times square, which made our itinerary more smoothly planned. See pictures of the hotel and our happy faces!!!       We were our own tour guides for the whole trip. Bought their ez-link cards and had an experience riding their trains and monorails. There I realised just how much better our transportation infrastructure are. You won't believe how much we walked under the hot sun just to transfer from a monorail to a bigger train. We initially thought it was all connected up but we were wrong. So glad we followed the other tourists and found our way to KLCC in the end.  Both of us were hungry like everything by the time we reached KLCC. Was almost 3 plus to 4 by the time we had our lunch. Starved like hell were both of us! Had their famous nasi lemak and chendol dessert at Mdm's Kwan. It was so awesome!!! The gula melakan (if I spell it correctly) of the chendol is the best. Authentic taste of malaysia~   Then we shopped around the mall and went back to hotel to place our stuffs. At around 8 we're out again making our way to their Chinatown night market. Was disappointed when we're there, so not like the reviews I read online. Nothing much to see there and it was so boring. Wasted our cab fare travelling back and forth. Only thing we did there was to had dinner at their roadside stalls near the Chinatown street. They had this steamboat skewers food stall and claypot rice. Food was still ok-ok only.     Tell me about this bah-kut-teh stall sign I came across. Such a creative English translation by the boss huh???   There the first night ended and the next morning was a brand new day. Had our buffet breakfast in the morning andd it was so awesome. Rarely see hotels providing yogurt but they actually had! Was totally stuffed to the brim with a heavy breakfast when we left. Liked the scenery of the place which the glass overlooked the pool beside the restaurant.     Resumed the shopping mode after breakfast. Though there wasn't much to buy but I ended up lugging my 3 bottles of contacts solution back to the hotel cos it was much cheaper than sg's. Watsons turned out to be our favourite place after the 3 days there where we would always never fail to miss wherever we go. Tried some clothes in the retails in the bukit bintang area but didn't managed to get anything much. Probably because the style just isn't my thing.         Then we had this steamboat buffet for lunch. Didn't had much room for that after our heavy breakfast but it was just too pity to be missed cos the price was just incredibly low. Thanks to their promo the whole bill came up to about 9sgd for each person so how could we miss it?! We promised to take it easy for the buffet cos we were just too full. But even by the time we leave, we still felt fuller than ever.       See our agonised expressions!!!   Then we went to try this famous mini popiah recommended by tv show but the expectations were fell short. Special though, I’ve never seen using cabbage as popiah skin to wrap up the fillings. But seriously the taste wasn’t as good as recommended.   And finally I’m trying the mile crepe cakes!!! Chocolate banana flavour~  Not sure if it's the steamboat problem but that night when I returned back to hotel I was having diarrhoea like crazy. Ran for the toilet 4-5 times till the next morning where I was still running for the loo. Sad me only can eat selectively at the breakfast buffet :( Luckily the med which we later on bought at berjaya works or else I have no idea how I could have endured the long trip back on coach. Did our last min shopping anyways at berjaya, and was back to the hotel for departure at 2 plus in the noon.      And that marks the end of our short grad trip! Wasn't a good place for shopping I would say. But luckily the hotel made up for all the short falls in expectation. Still no matter what, it was a great bonding session together! ^^ 
|